Saturday 9 July 2011

Increase in distance :-)

Today I decided to go for a bike ride as I was left home alone. My husband has gone on holiday with his son, so I thought I could go for a longer bike ride as I don't have to be home by a certain time. I had done some planned routes around the Wattisham area. The original plan was a 35 miles round trip. However I ended up doing aroun 37-38 miles.
My little computer said 38miles however Mapmyride said it was 36 miles, so I'm saying it was 37miles.

The stats according to my little computer:

Distance:           38:11
Time:                 3h:26m:40s
Max Speed:       31.4mph
Average Speed: 11mph

When I got home I could feel it in my knees/legs. Also my face feels a bit burnt, I need to learn to put on suncream before I go out.

It gave me a chance to wear my new jacket that Vince bought me :-) it was a little bit too hot really and I did take it off half way round. It is a very nice hi-vis, waterproof, cycling jacket and I am very pleased with it.

Not sure how I'm going to feel in the morning as I think I may have pushed myself today. I think it is good to keep pushing on, but think it might start to feel sore soon.

This is the route I took:
http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/40713448

that's all for now, feeling bit sleepy.......................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment