Tuesday 16 August 2011

Didn't succeed :-(

Today I'd planned to bike to Colchester and back........I managed to bike to Colchester (that isn't much of a challenge now), but not back.

I decided that I would bike there, go and see Mr Smith then bike home. I went to the Priory centre first to help Juliet, and didn't leave till about 12pm (due to sitting and having tea/chat). I went along the A137 http://www.mapmyride.com/workout/61922596 as that is the easiest route TO Colchester. I find it good as I can pace myself, and know exactly where I am in relation to reaching my target.
First mark point is the house I left my motorbike when I got a puncture (not too far from Ipswich)
Second mark point is Manningtree railway
Third mark point is the big strawberry at Foxash (where I sometimes took Rob Swan to football)
Fourth mark point is Ardleigh
Then I'm at Colchester :-)
I then had to cycle the other end of Colchester to see Mr Smith (past the train station). It was 2pm by the time I got there. We was sat catching up on all the gossip/news, and we were talking for longer than I'd originally planned. By 4:40pm I decided I couldn't ride home for 2 reasons. Firstly that I wouldn't get home till late and secondly I couldn't be bothered. So I got the train back. Plus the thought of cycling past the train station then cycling home..........couldn't work out the logic ;-)
Once I got back to Ipswich I had to bike from the station to home, didn't make it up Lansdeer Hill without stopping.

I'm now feeling tired zzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzz plus Colchester United are losing which is making me fall asleep.

The tour de Espana starts on Saturday which I'm going to try and watch. Never knew there was a Tour de Espana until I've started following the professional cycling calender. Come on Team Sky, or Mark Cavendish (HTC highroad) for the sprints.

Seen some nice bikes advertised on facebook today




They are from the


Should anyone want to buy me one, feel free :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment