Saturday 14 January 2012

I've signed up!!!!!!

I've done it and signed up...........not to the war..........to do the London to Paris cycle ride!!!!!

http://www.helpthehospices.org.uk/getinvolved/fundraising/events/cycling/arch-to-arc/#.TxFc-KMlqC4.blogger

There's no turning back now!

June 14th-17th 2012

That gives me 5 months to get seriously training/fundraising. I have set up a fundraising webpage
http://www.justgiving.com/Louise-Brookes2012 however I'm not expecting people to necessarily start donating now as I appreciate it is just after Christmas. However, I needed to set it up to give me the motivation to get going.

I had been thinking of doing the ride for ages but could never work out when or for what charity to do it for. Then, last week there came an advert on the Colchester United website advertising this specific ride. I looked at it, spoke to Vince, and decided this is the one. I kept thinking about it for a few days then finally yesterday, Vince birthday and the day my nan died 5 years ago, I signed up to do it. I'm doing it in memory of my nan who died of cancer, also my sister-in-law who died of cancer. The help for hospices seemed a good cause. It starts at Wembley, the home of English football, which is another passion if mine. And it is a challenge, 244 miles in 3 days, which I thrive on.

Bring it on.......................

1 comment:

  1. Well done my darling, it is a noble cause supported by a noble woman............now just be careful and keep your wits about you on two wheels one is very vulnerable.
    best of luck.
    all my love VB xxxxxxxxxxxx

    oh and ps i did try to donate but was beaten by techno crapology so you will need to help me out!

    ReplyDelete