Tuesday 24 May 2011

Bike ride to Felixstowe

I did it!

Felt quite easy on the way. 10 mile in 50 mins, better than I'd thought. It was a very flat route which also helped. Part of the cycle route goes along next to the A14 (the worse road in the uk), which was quite scary riding towards lorries, but it was only for about 1 mile :-)
I left home earlier than I needed, just to make sure I'd got time to enjoy the ride. When I decided to leave it was quite windy so I thought I'd wear full length trousers (thin ones)......but 10 mins down the road I regretted it. Fortunately they were combat type so I could undo the legs a bit and roll them up :-) I got to Fx just before 11am and went straight to the town centre and hunted out some cheap shorts......the factory shop did the business :-)
Then rode down to the seafront and sat looking out to sea, made couple of phone calls, and soaked in the rays (forgetting that I'd not put on suncream). At 12:30pm went round to a friends house (Suzanne from Ipswich Army) for the afternoon.
Had very enjoyable afternoon with Suz, Merv (her hubby) and chap called Ali (tree cutter - Suzanne's neice's hubby). Sat in the garden, soaking more sun, eating bacon sarnies :-)
Then walked to fet Lucy (their daughter) from school, before setting off home.

Biking home was bit more hard work. I had head wind on the way home, however only took 10 mins more,  but could begin to feel the muscles in my knees :-/

Now I've sat down I'm beginning to feel all kinds of muscles.......and can see I've caught the sun (got a mark where I had wore a head band ;-0 lol) an my arms look browner.

So, first mission is accomplished, biking to Fx before the end of May :-) now next challenge is Colchester (that involves hills) may extend the challenge frame though...................

Lets see how I feel in the morning :-)..................

No comments:

Post a Comment