Monday 27 June 2011

Can I beat 22 mintues 37 secs?

Ok, today I biked to work (Care home job). Which is about 3.5 miles, but involves Lansdeer Road (hill). When I left at 7am I was surprised how warm it was. I managed to bike in just t-shirt and jeggings, no jumper. I thought at that point "it's gonna be a hot day"........

Well I was right............IT HAS BEEN A SCORCHER :-) shouldn't complain too much though :-)

However, when it came to hometime (2:30pm nearly the hottest part of the day) I had to bike home. To start with the ride gave a nice breeze, and going down the first hill was even better. Then, I had to go up Lansdeer Road :-( The sun was beaming down on me :-( trying to bike up the hill. I did make it, just was sweating by the end of it.

I checked on my computer to see how long it took to get home and it read
Ride time:           22m:37s
Average speed:    9.5mph
Distance:             3.5miles
Max Speed:         21.9mph

Not bad stats considering the heat!!!

Tomorrow's mini challenge is to beat that time (coming home) :-)

Will update tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment